Sunday 13 December 2015

October 2016 - Prayers are answered..

6 October 2010
BOM DIA!!! (Boa noite in Australia)
WOO! what a week!!! Don't really know where to start..
This week was filled with CONFERENCES!!! <3
I am so inspired for life right now.. okay, maybe not for life, but mate, I’ve learn't so much in this last week from the wise men in my life.
Firstly, we had Conferencia de zona(s) on Friday, with President and Sister Broadbent, the Assistants, our zone and about three other zones. It as so good. It was firstly the best because I got to see Sister Costa, SISTER GUDGEON and all my other favourites on the mission <3 haha! My family right now. But, it was such a good conference!  My mission President is the best, he is so inspired, I was surprised he didn't get called to be in the Quorum of the 12 yesterday! But seriously, he’s so great. He talked a lot about the importance of the Book of Mormon and talked a lot about doctrine in the church. It was so good!
We also had to do role plays..with President.....
But my companion is such a 'boss' missionary, she just puts up her hand and starts teaching President so boldly, and after she spoke she ended it “in the name of Jesus Christ, amen” and everyone at the conference was Whoa! hahah and President just smiles and nods his head, “AMEN” haha! so good. Sister Ramos is the best!! 
Hehe my companion is better then yours. OHHHHH this reminds me, today is 5 months on the mission yaay.. And I woke up to the cutest note and choccies from Sister Ramos! 
Friday's conference was the best right, then Saturday and Sunday were GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! Brazil time difference isn't as hectic as Australia's is, so we saw all of conference this weekend. The morning session we saw live at 1pm here and the afternoon sessions we saw live here at 5pm.
AHHH SO GOOD! I got to see both the Saturday and Sunday afternoon sessions in English at the Stake Centre, but watched the morning sessions in Portuguese since we had investigators, it was such a cool experence watching in Portugues as well (But I got so much more out of it when I watched it in English haha. ;)
So many goodies, but my favorites are always President Uchtdorf and President Eyring!! <3
BUT Elder Holland's talk in the Saturday afternoon talk got the tears going, haha mateee. You’ll understand when you watch it! I was thinking so much about you Mum and Karlie. Such amazing examples of what mothers should be. Love you both so much!
This week, the work continued here in São Bernado! We really have such good investigators BUT we had a pretty average week in finding new investigators... sometimes it's annoying that people have free agency hahahha! joking!
But FAMILIES.
We have been praying to teach families and we started teaching this new GOLDEN family this week, only taught them once since the husband was away for most of the week working.. But he took with him the Book of Mormon and has been reading everyday. Such a beautiful family. They loved Church last week and were so welcomed!!
Then we also had the best lesson with Kedley and Pricilla this week. We have been teaching Kedley and Pricilla for a solid amount of time now, but oh my gosh I love this family so much. The only problem with them was they aren't married right? Anyway, we had a lesson with this other couple present, Sandra and Luiz, they live in the same apartment complex.  We shared that video of Heavenly father, Earthly father and talked about the purpose of families, Sandra bore a powerful testimony of the importance of marriage in the Temple. Kedley and Pricilla know alot about the temple since we have been teaching them for a while and they have been pretty frequent in coming to church. But it was such a perfect lesson and then Kedley said how he wants this, he doesn't want to get married (because he thinks it's just paper) but he will because he wants to be sealed in the Temple in a year! They made a goal!!! Then next minute, Luiz is texting Bishop, starting to plan their wedding! hahah oh my gosh, so perfect.
A Wedding and Baptisim <3 <3
I can't express with words the amount of happiness I felt in this lesson and after, I am so grateful for the Temple and for families. It was quoted again in conference yesterday what Elder Perry said in his last talk to us, about the older he gets the more clear it gets that family is the centre of happiness. (defs quoted that so wrong, haha) BUT SO TRUE. 
So grateful for my FAMILIAAA <3 
Sister Bennallack 
PS. OH my gosh, I nearly forgot to write, my life is so “missionary”.  I  had my first experience being chased by DOGS this week, FIVE OF THEM! I never screamed so much in my life, they were huge and had teeth like dragons hahahhah! But I'm so thankful for my companion, she lives in the Amazon in Brazil so she knows what to do!  She starts stomping her feet and pretended to throw things at them. SO crazy!
Then the next day, I stood on a rat... that is now a dead rat.
Hahaha! What is even my life?
Tuchu!



13 October 2015

This morning was already such an adventure, so today is "Dia da Criancinhas" (Childrens Day).  So you know how there is Father's Day and Mother's Day? Well, in Brazil they have Children's Day as well, like another birthday.  Man, growing up I always wondered why there wasn't Children's Day... BUT THERE IS!!! Brazil rocks.

But anyway, since today is a public holiday we treked to our internet cafe place and it was CLOSED... ^.^  So we had to call President and get permission to email from a members home... which he granted. But then we remembered we don't have credit on our phone so we just prayed what member would have and let us use their computer. 
KNOCK, KNOCK!  Surprise! It's the Sisters, can we use your computer?

This member's house I'm at is the one of my favourite families, they are so happy always, and they live really close to us so they always feed us. ;) And today I got my first present for Children's Day! 

But also today isn't P-day.... so we only get an hour to email...BECAUSE TOMORROW IS TEMPLE P-DAY!
Way too excited about it.

Okay, so this week was honesntly so hard, so emotionally and physcially draining, like so many moments of disapointments. Yesterday was the 11th October, which was the Baptism date for Mayara.

We have been working with Mayara for this whole transfer, love her so, so much but we had a few hurdles to overcome with her, coffee being one of them.  Since you have to have one week clean before your baptism, we weren't sure if she could be baptised yesterday..  She had her baptism interview but our DL needed to talk to President.

Since our President is the actual best man, he himself called Mayara on Friday night and had a chat with her to see where her heart is. HE GAVE US PERMISSION. So Friday night we called Mayara and we were all so happy and excited,  I was jumping on my bed with Sister Ramos, it was so great.

Then Saturday afternoon at 5pm we had another lesson with Mayara just to check up on her and organise everything for Sunday right?  Then she tells us that she doesn't want to be baptised on Sunday (the next morning) because she doesn't feel ready etc, etc.

MY HEART LEGIT BROKE. </3

I was praying my heart out in my head as we continued to teach her as planned, but bearing our testimonies so boldly with our whole souls.

After we said the closing prayer and as we were leaving, I told her that her Heavenly Father loves her and knows her doubts but tomorrow we have her baptism planned and if she changes her mind that we are ready.  She said she would pray, but doesn't feel ready.
...Okay.

That night was so depressing.  All our appointments for Saturday night where false addresses, one was even a BAR ^.^

That night we prayed with everything we had that Heavenly Father will answer Mayara's prayer and that she will have a strong and powerful answer and will be baptised tomorrow.
"HEAVELY FATHER I KNOW MIRACLES ARE REAL, and I'm asking for a miracle"

That night I awoke at 1am, dying of thirst.  I got up and was drinking water in the kitchen and prayed some more, then I woke up at 4am and prayed some more, then again at 6am and prayed some more.

Once it was 6:30am I was telling Sister Ramos how I pretty much prayed the whole night and she was like, "I WAS TO, whenever I woke up!"

When we were walking to church, we were just hoping at least Mayara would still come to church today.
To our great surprise when we got to church Mayara was already there!!!!  We talked to her some more and she continued to tell us she does not feel ready.

It's okay, at least she's at church and still progressing.

Then during Relief Society we got asked to go teach Primary for 15 minutes, no worries. Once we came back into Relief Society, Mayara was crying, another sister in the ward was sitting with her talking to her.

We have never seen Mayara cry, she's a strong woman.

Then we continued to Gospel Doctrine class and I was sitting with our other investigators and Sister Ramos sat next to Mayara and I hear her say:  "okay, I will but I don't have clothes,"

"huhhhhh?   WHAT!????    YOU WANT TO BE BAPTISED?   ARE YOU SURE?"

"Yes I am sure"

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I know God not only hears, but answers our prayers.  (Mosiah 27:14)   We then raced around to organise everything.




The baptismal service was the most beautiful and powerful service of my whole mission.

We sung to her 'Nearer my God to Thee' (but in Portuguese of course) that we had been practising all week, and she just had the tears falling.  Everyone was so welcoming and gave such beautiful talks!!

<3 <3 <3   Afterwards, she said "this is the best decision I've made."

I can't express to you how perfect Sunday was.

Sister Bennallack 



20 October 2010
BOM DIA minha bonita familia (e Amigas hehe)
WHAT A WEEK.  I'm so sick, it's probably from this hectic weather, like this week we had a 40 degrees C day then two days later it was 15 degrees C and it's been raining ever since.....
WOT. Eu nâo gosto.
My body is like, "what the heck is going on??"  I have an impressive sunburn and now I'm wearing my coat and boots, so weird.  The second coming must be soon I swear! 
BUT IT'S ALL GOOD because I'm SO, SO, SO, SO happy. 
1. Because today is P-day so i can just sleep this cold off and 2. SISTER RAMOS AND I ARE STAYING TOGETHER HERE ANOTHER TRANSFER!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3
We literally jumped up and down and danced all night in the kitchen once we heard transfer news. I was so nervous that I'd be transferred because I have had a solid amount of time here, but once again GOD IS GOOD to me. 
I love Sister Ramos so much, she is perfect!!!!! And in these past 6 weeks together my Portuguese is SO MUCH better, all the memebers tell me when we have lunch at their houses how much better my Portuguese is and how much happier I seem! haha!
It's true, because Sister Ramos is so, on SO HAPPY, her vibes rub off me and I'm so much more bubbly, finally getting a personality again! 
OHH, HI BRAZILAN SARAH!   Okay, I think everyone just felt how happy I am though my words ;) 
This week once again I saw such a MIRACLE.
Last Sunday after the amazing day/baptsim of Mayara we felt like really need to focus on our next investigator that's SO READY..
Matteus.

Matteus is PEFECT, he comes to church every Sunday and has the strongest testimony, but (there is always a but, right?) He's only 17 and needs permission from his parents, which is impossible because they are SUPER Cathloic and believe that Matteus doesn't need to baptised again etc.
We have really built a relationship with his mum Kaita, in that she loves us!  We talked to her after a few weeks again, after praying our hearts out about Matteus and she told us that she has to respect her husband, but if he gives permission, then okay.
So since then we have been praying for courge and help to talk to Matteus´ dad. He's never home and has a pretty big problem with drinking,  so it's complicated. 
But last Sunday we were teaching Matteus and his dad came home, Sister Ramos being the most perfect companion decided that right in the moment we needed to talk to him while he's home.
I said a prayer and then we went, NOSSAA. Talk about courage, Sister Ramos first talks to him about his drinking problem.........
Ahhh, so nervous, but then talked to him about Matteus and God's will.  We told him that Matteus needs to be baptised the following Sunday but we need his approval. At first he was really jokey? Like laughing alot and not really keen to talk but we talked about how beautiful his famliy is etc. Then Sister Ramos boldly promised him that this week God will speak to him through the Holy Ghost and tell him that Matteus needs to be baptised.
Such a bold promise.
He told us, okay but if I don't get an “answer” Matteus won't be baptised right?  Sister Ramos once again BOLDLY told him that he will, and he needed to listen.
Love her.
Anyway, that Monday after lunch we fasted together; for Matteus´dad to receive a strong answer and that his heart will be softened.

Tuesday Temple day.. 
Sister Ramos & I went to the Temple on Tuesday as you already know, Fasting. Prayed our hearts out again..
Then the whole week we could not seem to catch his Dad; ^.^
On Saturday we went to Matteus' house, his Dad was at work but we talked to Matteus a bit then decided to go to his work…….  We caught him for a few minutes and he was happy to talk, YAY.  We asked him if he had received his answer and if the Holy Ghost had spoken to him.
He told us he didnt believe in this stuff, BUT he couldn't stop thinking about it all week!!!! And he woke up thinking about about it.   And then he said “fine okay” 

MIRICLES.  Then he signed the bapstimal form!!!! And was smiling!!!
We literally danced in the street.  I can’t express with words how much this is a miracle, like SUCH a change of heart. God indeed listened once again to our prayers.
SADLY, I can't really end this story happily (YET).  Matteus didn't get baptised yesterday, Katia his mum thought that his Dad would never approve, so that's why she said that.  She was really upset, so we didn't want to go ahead with Katia being upset. 
The church is all about families. <3 <3
But such progress, and even though it's kinda of a disappointing ending, it still was that craziest miracle that we saw. 
BUT the story shall continue as we work with Matteus :)
That story was longer than I thought,.
Sisters at the Temple
This week I also had a divisão (Trade off),  but I left not only my area but went to a whole diffent zone in Santo André with Sister Ribas my Sister Traning Leader.  It was such a good day, her area is a lot richer!! I could not stop tripping out how weird it felt being in a new area, new companion, new investigator eeeeeek! I felt like my first day in the mission again! But it was a fun Trade Off, I really really like Sister Ribas as well.  It's cool seeing how different missionaries do things.  Like sister Ramos is so bubbly and bold and calls everyone brothers and sisters, where Sister Ribas is SOOO lovely and speaks so beautifuly and smiley and talks deep to your souls. Both such solid missionaries. <3
Yesterday was also the first day of daylight savings.... loosing an hour of sleep was so rough! ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 
SISTER BENNALLACK 

One of my Fav families in the ward..

27 October 2015
BOM DIAFAMILA E MINHA AMIGAS <3 <3
The start of a new transfer is always the best, lots of new things, even though I’m staying in the same area with Sister Ramos, there's still lots of new things, like goals and zone/district changes ect ect. We had such a mad goal planning session this week, including language goals.   Sister Ramos helps me so much with Portuguese, but this week we started her English! hehe!  I nearly died when I heard her speak English, like she can kind of speak?! SO COOL , hahhaha, but so weird.  She's so smart and knows a million songs in English, aahh, just love her. 
I'm so excited for this next transfer, I have a new District Leader now, like they switched the district we are in, so that cool, there are completely different people in my district. 
This week we found heaps of new investigators, but especially a legit, an elect called Adailton. He came to church yesterday and loved it! And he doesn’t smoke, or drink or drink COFFEE ( coffee is always the deal breaker…haha) and he wants to get baptised!!!!! We are preparing him for DOMINGO!!! Once again Miracles are real, but stay tuned.
Okay, do I have a story for you or what???  So I nearly got rolled this week..  Sister Ramos and I were coming back from transfers in São Paulo and when we got back to our area, we were walking back to our house dying of hunger right… then Sister Ramos hears “Now, now, now” and all of a sudden we see these three old mates chasing us.  Sister Ramos can scream!! She screams “SISTER RUN” and she's screaming her lungs out! Well, I’m so confused (so normal lol) but I ran with my whole soul,  like I was on the 'Amazing Race' or something.  We entered this garage Salon that’s near our house and they shut the roller doors so fast!! Once we entered the Salon, Sister Ramos looks at me and asks me where my shoes are??? I didn’t even know they fell off while I was running and I wasn’t going to stop to pick up my shoes. Lol. The whole street came to see us after and this nice lady from the spa took us home.   We then called President.  Once we got home we changed our clothes, and finally had lunch at 3:30 in the afternoon. I emptied my bag as well.  I had so much stuff with me, like money, my camera and photos and just so much stuff I would have been too sad to have lost. That day was I was so jumpy, like a little scared but I know we were protected and Satan wants us to be scared to preach to gospel.. and I aint going to let him win mateyyyy! But I learnt a big lesson about the fact that this is Brazil and I need to be more careful.
Also rained this whole week…. When does summer start here ? :( I am still using my Canadian coat…….. but its all good…  A story: We entered this home to teach a lesson but after the lesson Sister Ramos' umbrella was gone. And it was POURING!!  We got so very drenched, but for some reason it was sooooo funny. And we kept quoting 'Titanic' hahahha!
Since it’s a new transfer, that means new missionaries.. President called me this week to call one of the new American Sisters that was having a hectic time settling in.  Man, it took me back.  It was such a shock when you first get into the field and don’t understand anything.  She was so homesick and cried so much. But it was so cool that I got to share my experience with her and tell her how much she will love her mission.  I bore my testimony of the Atonement and how real it is and how it will literally carry her. I told her I love her and how excited I am that we are serving together!!! We literally are serving in the best mission in the world. 
Who runs the world?? GIRLS (Sisters - heheheh!)
Sister Bennallack 

No comments:

Post a Comment