Monday 21 December 2015

November 2015 - A New Beginning

3 November 2015

With a member Lene, we had a Family Home Evening at her house
last week with our investigator Fernanada, love them both!
 
Once again it's some crazy public holiday here in Brazil so our 'lanhouse' was shut.  We are emailing from a members home, but only have about 20 minutes to write, eeeeeeeekkkkk!


This week was awesome, freezing though… I had soggy feet for most of this week but it's all good, I can't do much about the cold weather (STILL) but embrace it right? And pray hard for sunshine! hehehe

We had interviews with President this week WHICH was the best.  I actually love President Broadbent SO MUCH!!! He is so 'on point' with everything he says, and I just feel his love for me every time I see him!

I also had a divisão (trade-off) with Sister Wright, yes, she aint a Brazillian,  she's American.  It was heaps cool spending the day with her, I always learn so much from trade-offs, but ALWAYS the next day is such a struggle, like I'm tired x100000000.  I also realised how bad my Portuguese is still.   She speaks Portuguese so perfectly! #GOALS

We had so many amazing experiences this week, but EXTREMES, very different.  We have one investigator which is like 'ELECTO' and will be baptised next week and then we have others that were really progressing but were a lot colder towards us this week.... so sad.  It breaks my heart every time.  We had this one lesson, and where we got smashed with crazy question because he had been watching Anti-Mormon Doco's.  But my companion is so calm and answered his double sided paper filled with questions really well.   I always learn so much from her. <3

WE HAD 8 INVESTIGATORS at church yesterday!  8, it was so crazy busy, but a busy Sunday is the best Sunday ;) This means this week will be a goodie.

Finally, today isnt P-day because tomorrow we have PDAY DA ZONA woooohooo!  But I have no idea what we are doing! haha

Até Mais, Sister Bennallack 




10 November 2015
This week was filled with such highs and lows like to the extreme.  The best of times were where Sister Ramos and I just laughed our heads off because it literally rained all week and we kept forgetting our umbrella’s so we would get to our house at the end of the day DRENCHED!  hahaha! But it was so funny.... And then like the most disappointing/sad times with our investigators and new converts.  :( I don’t even want to write about it because I’m still so devo. But all goods, this week it’s a new week!
But that’s pretty much standard for my life as a missionary.
P-day last week was cool, we went the Institute Building here and just hung out with our Zone and ate so much food. We watched '17 Miracles'.  I forgot how good that movie is, I may have shed a few tears, but Sister Ramos cried way more so it’s all good! hehe ;)
Yesterday at church was like flash back Friday.  I was sitting at church  with Kedley and Prascilla and was sitting behind Katya and in front of Mônica.  All my investigators from the very start of my misson, but now they all have such a different light about them. They truly have been converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Kedley and Prascilla are perfecto!!! They come to church everyweek without us even calling or visiting, they look so at home as well and they have friends in the ward.  AHHHH, I just love this family so much!!  They are so soild, we are just waiting on a date for their wedding, (and Baptism hehe) but they are exciting about it and their two daughters are excited for the wedding as well.  AWWWWW, they always talk about their goal to be sealed in the temple in a year. <3 
Katya is the best, it had been a slow conversion but a strong conversion. We visited her yesterday after Church and she was telling us how since she’s been coming to church these past 6 months her life is so much better and her family have so much more love. She's so grateful, she told us how she's ready to be baptised!!!!!!!!! She's been ready for a while but she had some worldly things she wasn't ready to give up, but she ready now. The only problem is that she and her family move to the United States in three weeks.............. so, we are going to try to have a baptism before she leaves, but these are going to be some crazy busy weeks for her and her family so we will see. But we are all praying together and I have faith ;) However,  I'm 100% sure that if she doesn't get baptised here she will in America.  After all, they are moving to Provo! haha !
We found some really great people this week and I was feeling so good about them except only one of our new investigators came to church yesterday..wot.  But, then we taught some really cool lessons this week. It’s just crazy how ready people are to receive the gospel <3 <3. I'm excited for this week!!! 
It's crazy, my Bishop here has been called to be a Mission President next year!! I don’t know where yet, we just know it’s in Brazil. Hahha! My ward here is so funny trying to guess who's going to be the new Bishop. Ward gossip! lololololol  But its' crazy that he’s was called to be a Mission President since hes only 38 years old!! B ut he’ll be such a GOOD President! 
 Also this guy in my ward here got his mission call to England, Leeds!!!! S O exotic for Brazilians.  he bore his testimony yesterday and was SO EXCITED!! It took me back to when I got my mission call and how excited I was !  <3 Missão São Paulo sul <3
I found 'Corn Flakes' in the shops this week, it tastes like home!  haha! Way to excited about it…
Sister Bennallack 




17 November 2015
We had ‘Conferênica da missião' this week, a last minute conferience with the whole mission.  We knew things were about to get real. 
President Broadbent is the best, and I seriously love him so much.
With a Utah sister in zion at our mission conference
He told us how our mission starts again right now,  it doesn’t matter if you have 3 weeks left or 23 months left, it's a 'New Beginning'.  A charge to change and recommit our selves as representatives of Jesus Christ. 
We have a lot more rules, which are changes from the Seventy not just from President.  Such as, we  have to study for two hours on P-days and no more District and Zone P-days, we and President aren’t allowed to leave our mission boundaries, even with permission, (only for the Temple hehe).
And now we are only teaching elects, and our day is 80% finding and 20% teaching. We have to stop to talk to 50 people per missionary, per day. That a lot different since, it was 10 per day.
But I trust President and I know that this will help our mission baptise, so I’m pumped as.
ANDDDDD this week we have another conference but with Elder Costa from the seventy, SO EXCITED!!!!
This week we taught an elect of Heavenly father <3 

Dulcinete is the house keeper of one of the members here, she so amazing, like seriously so prepared.  I just love her, anyway, she believes everything we taught/teach her but didn’t want to be baptised till next year.  But we promised her that if she prays and asks God, he will answer her questions and at our next lesson she told us that she had received her answer and wants to baptised asap. <3 <3 <3 
 We had the most special experiences teaching her, it's like the Spirit is teaching her and me at the same time? I don't know, but it's soooo cool.
This week was kind of a strange week in that we taught a
With our investigator - Katya
whole lot less, as we now only teach elect, we had to cut a lot of people that aren’t really progressing. We have so many investigators that love us, and are so grateful for our messages and will pray and read and they believe, and they even accept baptism dates…….but they never come to church. It like the most disappointing part of my week…..
BUT a new start.  Since we talk to so many more people, we will have a new teaching pool, this following week will be so interesting :) Stay tuned ;)
Because Sister Ramos and I are on the street more, we have so many 'LOL' moments like when we where talking to this guy and a flying creature flew into my mouth and I nearly chocked to death! hahahaha! Oh! My goodness! It was probably a ‘had to be there’ moment but we laughed about it for the rest of the day.
Sister Bennallack 


24 November 2015
This week went so, so, so, so, fast, but it was such a goodie!!
Sister Ramos is the best, and I'm praying hard that we get to stay here together for another transfer!!!! 
I want to badly to be here for Chrsitmas but more importantly I want to be her for Kedley and Prascilla’s WEDDING!!!! And BAPTISIM.
Ahh! At church yesterday they told us the they are booked in for the 12th of December to be married!!!!!! Ahhhhh, I'm so happy!   I want to see them get baptised so badly, my favourite family and it had been such an amazing journey with them <3
The gospel truly changed hearts.
(transfers are next week btw, I’ll tell you next week if I'm staying or not, so everyone, start praying for me to stay, por favour, hehehe!)
But I'm pretty sure we will stay here, well, because President told us at the Conference with Elder Costa. But Sister Ramos told me that he told her that she was going to stay in her old area and then she got transferred but.... I HAVE ALOT OF FAITH!
Oh, My Goodness!  It's nearly December and I'm so, so, so, excited for Christmas.  I live across the road from a giant shopping plaza thing and it is decked out with Christmas lights, we can see the lights from our kitchen window. Just a little bit of happiness! hehe!
Dulcinete is amazing still and her baptism is next Sunday after church!! She's so prepared and has invited everyone to her baptism, including this girl that we are now going to be teaching that works at this clothes shop!
Dulcinete is such a perfect example of being converted.   She has experienced the mighty change of heart and now wants to tell EVERYONE of her joy she’s experiencing. We can all learn from her example <3
Conference with Elder Claudio R.M Costa was the best.   Seriously I have no doubt that he has been called of God, so, so inspired. I learnt SO MUCH and wrote so many notes.  It was an all morning thing and we had lunch with him as well.   Afterwards he talked to me so much about Australia! He’s like, "Oh Australia is beautiful...beautiful like Brasil!"  But he’s traveled the world with his calling, training missionaries in so, so, many missions. 
IT WAS SO GOOD and we got so pumped.
Talking to 50 people everyday is a lot different, but it's cool…I'm just such a missionary.  Yesterday Sister Ramos and I knocked 40 doors each..    She was on one side of the street and I was on the other and we knocked and knocked and set up heaps of appointments for this week but every now and then we would get invited to come in and teach right then.. So funny, Yelling at Sister Ramos “now, now, now” and she’ll run over to me. Hahaha!
But the changes are heaps good, I love being busy and always having something to do or people to see. 
We had the funniest moment this week, we were about to teach a lesson at this appartment block and the lady went to drop her keys out the window for us to unlock the door and come up to her...
But when she drops her keys out the window to us... her keys get caught in this Palm tree!!!!
It was like one of those movies moments where you think “OK, that didnt just happen, what is even our life”.  Then you have Sister Ramos on my back with this pole thing we found, jumping to get the keys.
It was so funny. Hahahah! We laugh about this for the rest of the day.
Going to go eat Nhoque at this member house now, he seriously makes the best Nhoque in the world and told us we can eat at his house every P-day!  Ummm my life rules.
COM AMOR 
Sister Bennallack

No comments:

Post a Comment