Wednesday 13 July 2016

May 2016 - "Be not faithless, but believing" (John 20:27)

3 May 2016

Bom DIAAAAAAAAAA,

So remember how I used to always write about the weather here…well that’s probably going to be a thing again since it literally dropped 20 degrees this week. It was so sudden and now it's like fully WINTER. Ewww you all know how I hate the cold. But all goods mateeeeyyys, I’ll adjust again ^.^

But besides freezing my head off, this was GREAT week here in Riberião!!

MARIANA WAS BAPTISED AND CONFIRMED!! <3  <3 

Her baptism was on Saturday morning at 11am, it was such a random time but since she’s such a busy girl we worked around her to have the best baptismal service! And it really was, it was very special and both of her parents came to support her!!!! You could tell that her Dad was a bit unsure about this but was still so happy he came!! Yay!

SO I have the funniest story about Mariana, like she is STUNNING, well like the whole of Brazil is stunning but Mari really is a pretty girl. Anyways, we invited this RM to come and teach with us, since he just got off his mission and I love teaching with RM's, they get so excited and help so much.
ANYWAY, we went to go teach her again with this guy and you can just see that they were giving each other these looks and smiles and I was like, whaaaaat daaaaa hell is going here??? Im thinking oh my goodness, he fully has kissed our investigator! Then after the lesson she tells us how they went to the beach that weekend.  I KNEW IT. Anyways it was the biggest scandal of our week and I just loved this so much. 


Baptism of Mariana
When we went to the chapel this week for her baptismal interview… guess who walked in holding hands… yepppp. Mahahah but this is great because every new member needs a friend right? ;) Just need to find a friend like this for our other new convert Angelica! haha!

We have started teaching a new family as well and yesterday Luiz, the Dad, came to church!!! Ohhh he loved it so much, he has SO many questions and probably heaps more since testimony meeting was a little funky yesterday…(I always get sooo nervous when investigators come to church on Fast Sundays, like please, people just say normal things! haha)
But even though it wasn’t the most normal meeting he still really enjoyed church and everyone was so friendly to him!!

Once again Jonny has a new baptismal date for this Saturday!!!! Let us hope.

P-Day breakfast with the girls...
HOW EXICTED am I to skype this week, I already talked to Mum and im going to sypke you all Saturday morning here which will be like Saturday night there. YAYAYAYYAY

So also this week, Sister Curtis and I got mad cold´s.  I got sick first…. But because it’s so cold in our house we moved our beds together, and then for some reason Sister Curtis got sick too! hahah, oops.  But it was funny being zombies
The Japanese Park near our house,
don't be fooled by the blue skies,
it's freezing!

together this week. Lol, this one morning Sister Curtis looked sooo sick, and she was like ready to go and work and I was like 
"umm Sister, maybe you should brush your hair today and use a little make-up?” hahha she looks in the mirror and says “ohh yeah I probably should hey..thanks Sister B you’re a good companion” awww bless us. 

I'm excited for you to meet sister Curtis, her accent is CRAZYYYYYY strong hehe.
TALK TO YOU ALL SATURDAY!!

Sister Bennallack,

PS. It’s May - I've officially been out a year! 


I saw Sister Costa for the last time this week!!! She finishes her mission next week! mateeee, time goes so fast. How grateful I am for this lady. Mãe na missão




7 May 2016 - Mother's Day Skype!



We shared a wonderful long chat with Sister Bennallack, a 4-way Skype between Sao Paulo Brazil, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide in Australia.  How wonderful to connect in real time together..


10 May 2016
Feliz dia das mães 
- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY AGAIN MUMMA B!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh, it still feels like a dream that I talked to you all -  it was so weird after I talked to you, like that day..English kept coming out of my mouth again and I totally remember that I actually have  family!  But it’s all goods bcause I have big transfer news right now that's soooo freaking crazy, that it will help think about you all a little less...

So the Ribeirão family split up…I'm so sad thinking that my time here is over, especially with my Sister Curtis. But anyways.. finally at 11pm we found of the news…( I nearly ate a whole tray of brownies stress eating waiting for this phone call! hahahaha)

“Sister Bennallack is being TRANSFERED to Diadema,Vila Nogueira (literally the hood of the mish maheheh) OPENING the area as a SISTER TRAINER LEADER

Ohh mate, life just a little real.

Hahaha when they said that I'm going to be STL, all the Sister's jumped on me, awwww. I hope one day I can be their STL and have a trade-off and a meeting with them!!

SO, like I am pretty much freaking out and I have SO MUCH stuff everywhere that is probably not going  to fit, and I have to take ALL my stuff to Diadema.. ALONE. This new way of transfer is sooo weird. But lets us pray right? aahh..

I don’t really have much else right now since I talked to you guys so much, but just know how much I love you all and how proud I am to be Sistaaa Benallack, I love my calling and I’ll be so excited to email you next week and tell you all ways, my crazy/amazing week I’m about to have!!
Tuchuuuuuu- District Ribeirão Pires


Our District getting excited to Skype - But I have already!!



1 Nephi 3:7 (it's so famous but its such a goodie)
 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.


Sister Bennallack

Sao Paulo South Mission
11 May 2016
Dear Family,

It is with great joy that I inform you that Sister Bennallack has been called to serve as a Sister Training Leader.  In the mission, this is an assignment of great responsibility.  The Sister Training Leaders work with me and Sister Broadbent in training the missionaries in their designated areas.  Sister Trainer Leaders are essential and important members of the Leadership Council of the mission, which meets monthly to help establish the policies, programs and vision of the mission and plan mission conferences and meetings.

Sister Bennallack is an experienced missionary that is obedient to the Lord and mission rules.  She works to achieve the highest standards of conduct and excellence in the mission.  She humbly shows the way forward through her example to other missionaries.  Sister Bennallack is indeed this class of missionary and we are grateful to be able to serve with her.

We pray that the blessings from the exemplary service of Sister Bennallack may be felt in your home and in your lives.

Sincerely
Phillip E. Broadbent
Mission President
Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission



17 May 2016
Bom dia!!

Wow what a week. 'RIP' me, I am literally so tired right now - I feel like I just had the first week of my mission again. I thought I loved changes but this week I learn't that I only love changes when I choose to move, haha, but my life will rule again..that I’m sure of once I’m used to my new area ;)

So my new companion is a Hondurhna!  Sister Escoto from Honduras, she's so cute, like a litte firework but, my, she talks so fast! She gets so excited and no one can understand her (including Sister Machuca the other Hispanic we live with.)  But bless her, we are becoming the best of friends and I know I'm in with her now since last night she wanted to tell me all her secrets awwww, minha amiga. And oh, my goodness, she can sing, nossa, she sings like a angel and like in all our lessons she ends by singing to our investigators! Then every night she sings to me in Spanish, awww.
Since my camera broke, I stole this photo off Sister Newell's camera.
My new family - Sister Escoto is the shorty next to me, heheh

So since I’m opening this area, it was a REALLY slow start to this week, lots of finding and knocking doors to start our teaching pool here. I went to bed on Wednesday soooo smashed and sad, ohhh, Sezzzaaa stop being so weak, but I was so homesick for Sister Curtis and our investigors in Ribeirao. But I prayed hard and asked that I could just wake up as my happy self the next day with that missionary spirit. And then Thursday was the best day!! Like heaps long and cold still, but it was a really good day and Heavenly Father blessed me with a little bit of sun in the afternoon. We started teaching people we found earlier in the week and I got so excited to be here in Diadema. 

Sister Newell, Sister Machuca, Sister Escoto and  MEEEEEEEEE 

SO my area is literally a favela, like only favela. But the best part is that the chapel here is in the middle of the favelas as well, so we are going to baptise heaps!!!

Okay talking about baptism. I’m so going to baptised two boys next week!!!! So we found this boy Pablo in the street of the chapel and we went to his house to talk to his Dad if we could start teaching him and his family, since they literally live on the street of the chapel. The Dad had already heard so much about the church and wasn’t that keen himself, but was more than happy for us to teach Pablo.

Pablo is 10 and he’s my favorite, but seriously, I don’t know why I haven’t tried teaching more children in my mission???? Pablo, the first time we taught him was way shy and didn’t really talk much but we made friends with him and then the next time we taught him he was so excited and told us that God is his first bestfriend and then his second bestfriend is Bruno. We taught him so simply, using examples of things that he likes to explain church doctrine. Then we taught him Saturday night again and he invited his friend Bruno as well who is 11, and then PABLO invited Bruno to church with us. AWWW Pabs!

Our first Sunday at church here, we rock up walking with two kids! Hahaha, but they loved church so much and we have a lesson appointment to teach Bruno's family. Teaching them was my highlight from this week, like children truly have that pure love of Christ and I learnt so much just watching them listen and believe and saying their first prayers ever. But teaching is where I felt the sprit so strongly, guiding my words and putting new ideas in my mind.

I know that I'm still maybe 2% sad to be here still, BUT I already have learnt so much this week and I know my relationship with my Father in Heaven was deeply strengthened. I know we as missionaries, and just humans in general, need changes to help us grow and to strengthen our faith. I know God lives and is aware of every one of our needs and I’m excited for this transfer in Diadema.

Normally I write funny things that happen this week but this week it will be just random things that happened
-Sis Escoto loves cereal and guacamole, how perfect!
-I’ve smelt more week in the week then in my year in other parts of SP. Lol, Diadema.
-I live with Sister Newell from my district from the Provo MTC! YAY
-I got pressured to sing at the end of our lesson from a 10 year old ^.^
-We tried talking to three people this week that turned out to be members! haha
-I went to my first leadership meeting thing with President and the Zone Leader, it was so on point, I love President, he’s so inspired.
-We locked ourselves out of our house. Lol don’t even ask..
- I LOST my planner…people, this is so seriously, so sad..I had so much in that planner. I put my planner on the top of some parked car to clap my hands to (like knock on the door Brazilian style) and I forgot to pick it up and then when I realised it was gone) I'm so sad, but it could have been worse.. lucky it's only week 1 and not week 5.
- Ohhh, I had the craziest Hic-ups (or however you spell it) We started teaching this family, and my hic-ups were out of control while we were talking to them and getting to know them. BUT then, when I started to teach, my hic-ups just went away. It was just a tiny thing but I knew it was a little blessing from God, hehe.

And that was Sis B´s week.

Com amor, 
Sister Bennallack 



24 May 2016
What a week. 

So Pablo didn’t get baptized. Don’t you even worry I’ll tell you all about it….

We called our LD to organise his baptismal interview and when I was talking to him on the phone he was so negative, like he slammed me with questions, but I knew we had taught Pablo everything…more than one time so he can really understand. Anyway it's good, we marked the interview.

Then while we were walking there, my LD starts talking to me about Pablo's Dad and if we are teaching him as well. We explained the sitch, how we have tried every time we teach Pablo and he stays for the opening prayer then leaves. BUT HE HAS APPRROVED THE BAPTISM!!!!

Then Pabs had his interview and when they finished I could just see that our LD didn’t pass him. Hmmmmmmmm. As we are walking to our house from Pablo's (which like a 3 min walk) we start asking questions like “sooooo….??”  What happened?
Oh, my goodness. All his reasons where so rubbish. Like not even real…like he wants us to teach Pablo's Dad first and baptised everyone together….ahhhhhh why do people have to be so difficult. Anyway, we continued to talk and then he started giving me a 30 min talk about how 80% of members in Brasil are inactive members ect. Woooooow, hold on mate…

Like as a missionary you CAN NOT think this - or you won’t baptise anyone, you have to teach and invite and people have to decide. I asked him if he asked Pablo why he wants to be baptized. Ahhh hes such a special kid and prepared. Ready.
Anways after listening to this talk he was giving me I was so unimpressed like he fully went into this interview with a mind closed and was looking for any reason not to pass him and then he was saying how he gets to decide since he is LD.  Nooo stop, we are a team here? Like this is Gods church we are talking about!! It’s not some secret club that only adults can join. (Mosiah 18:8-11) Alma, but more importantly Jesus Christ invites EVERYONE to be baptised. To feel the song of redeeming love, to promise to keep his commandments and to be baptised.

Sooooo maybe, just maybe, I got so mad, hahhahah, I even started talking to him in English since he’s American, I was so mad. Anyways that night my LZ called me right after he got off the phone with my LD.  MY LZ was also my LZ in Riberao as well and he trusts me a lot, and as I explained what happed, he told me to not worry because Pablo will be baptised Sunday still since he’ll talk to President.

Next minute I have the Assistants calling me as well, hahhaha wow, so much drama for your causal Thursday night. I told him my thoughts about everything and he even told me how in PMG it says when you are teaching a family your can’t wait for anyone, once someone is ready they should be baptised. Then I went to sleep. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

My LZ called me Saturday morning and said that President approved him to come to do another interview that day if I still want him to, but after thinking about it, I know my LD would be way annoyed and I do want to get along with him you know? So we are going to wait another week and Pablo will be baptised SATURDAY and my LZ will do the interview. Oh happy days.

Wow that took way longer than I thought to write this….

The rest of my week was good, way hard and cold. We spent our nights knocking a lot of doors in the dark, since I lost my Planner after that first week of opening… saaaaa sad.
lol those random thoughts  I still have.. I think it was Friday night and I was on one side on the street and Sister Escoto on the other side as we were knocking doors.. I just started laughing… like what even is my life??? Like who else talks about God on their Friday nights, but it made me happy knowing how this literally feels so normal to me, like this is my life. Such a missionary.

Other random things that happened this week:
-Sister Escoto and I were planning one night and we hear the other sisters SCREAMING! We run to their room and, hahahha, they are jumping on their beds like crying since Sister Newell opened her draw and like 6 cockcroches escaped into their room. Eewwwwww. So happy that was their room and not mine! mahahaha! THEN, she's killing them all and finds a LIZARD under her bed. Ahhhh, I died laughing but we helped them kill all these deadly creatures.
-I scared Sister Escoto so good the other day, hahaha waiting for her to come into the kitchen.
-I started teaching English here as well, the Hispanic Sisters are going to teach Spanish. Perhaps we are gonna get heaps of investigators? hehe

I'm excitied for this new week J

Enos 1: 12 And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith.”

Sister Bennallack 




31 May 2016
Óla!
This week went by so fast. Wow!
I'm SO HAPPY that Pablo was BAPTISED!!! Yayayay, awww, Pabs, love this kid so much! But it wasn’t that simple as I thought it would be, since he was like an hour late but all goods because he finally showed up (…Brazilian's are always late).. he had a lot of family members that came as well!! Yayaya! It was such a stressful hour though.. 
BATISMO DO PABLO 

But it was a beautiful service and he was so excited. The LZ’s did his baptism interview and he passed with flying colours, (totally knew he would). ;)
This week we had a Zone meeting with two other zones and ours, with President. WOW, it was of the best ones of my mission, I made so many notes but I will share what I learnt that I think was most important.




1-Obedience. We all knew that at some stage of the meeting that President will talk about obedience. He always does and he always will. Because as missionaries ( or members) we can ALWAYS be more obedient, we can always strive to be more like Christ and keeps his commandants with more righteousness and we will do this for the rest of our lives. That continuous human progression, quite beautiful really. But I like how President talks about us practicing what we teach, everything that we invite our investigators to do we should do as well. Change our lives together. “Wickedness never was happiness” I have no doubt that in my life I was/ am most happy when I keep God's commandments. <3
2- Commitments. (lol I hope this is the word I'm searching for…like the things you give your investigators after your lessons, like homework ahaha I don't know, this word sounds weird to me?).
ANYWAYS, we need to follow up heaps better than we do. Like a third of our lesson should be following up and listening to their new spiritual experiences. Without our investigators searching and praying alone they can’t really have their own conversion, like I don’t know how to express what I'm trying to say, but I just loved how President talked about this. Give simple, clear but important commitments to our investigators to help them start their relationship with God
3-Companionship. I love this so much, Sister Broadbent gave this talk, it was so on point and so what I needed. She spoke how we need to believe that our companion is the best companion in the mission and how we need to help them learn about them because it’s hard not to love someone when you really know them.  Her counsel was so simple but I needed it, I was feeling pretty like tired? I felt like more of her mum than her companion, always reminding her to do things and when we needed go and to speak Portuguese.. ahhhh BUT I really do love Sister Escoto and after listening to Sister Broadbent I am more determined to make her one of my best amigas.
1 Nephi 3:6 “ 6 Therefore go, my son, and thou shalt be favored of the Lord, because thou hast not murmured.”
Hehe, I liked this scripture.
After the zone meeting, we went to McDonalds on the way home and President and all the Elders from the office were there, haha! Presidente buys us mucdonals and we all stayed there talking until about 11pm, wowowow, a big night out for me but it was so fun and ahhh, I just love my mission.

This was pretty much my week, I'm going to buy a camera today since my camera broke like 4 months ago and I’ve missed way to many photo opportunities. 

Sister Bennallack 

No comments:

Post a Comment